Is that logo worth the warranty?
At the encouragement of a couple of chums of mine, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 when the Jailbreakme.com hack first appeared for iOS 4.0.1. Here are some very brief thoughts on the matter after a couple of weeks of being jailbroken:
- The process was so easy. Everything should be that easy. Lord it was easy. Wow.
- Even being careful, I feel that battery life has suffered.
- I have had some odd UI behaviour (cursor goes missing, etc.), but it’s so irregular that I can’t tie it to the jailbreak. But I have my suspicions.
- I am eternally grateful to the JailBreak community because they’ve allowed me to unlock my old 3GS which I can now send to my brother in Slovenia.
- I find it hard to find reasons to be jailbroken beyond the need to unlock. I feel that just removing unused icons isn’t really enough.
- Can I trust jailbroken software not to harvest my information?
- Ultimately it’s not for me.
Update: I encountered a brief gotcha when unjailbreaking. See below.